Friendship

By 08:28

Hey guys.. First off I'd just like to apologies, I was supposed to have this up on Tuesday but just couldn't fit it in, I must organise myself more and have a schedule for when to post and when to do the all important college work. Anyhow today's blog post is all about friendship as you can see by the title, I'm going to be talking briefly  about my experiences with my friends and my "not so friends", I've a lot to say so I best get started.


In life, especially in school, you make and break lots of friendships, but you'll have various types of friends no matter what, there's the ones you'd literally do anything for and who you know would do anything for you, there's the very close ones who you may consider your some of best friends but there feels as though there's something missing, there's the close acquaintances that you see on a regular basis (maybe through sports or after school activities), then there's the ones that will betray you a multitude of times but you keep forgiving them because you don't want to be without them until they push you to your breaking point and you realise they are no longer worth any of your time, then finally there's the people you though you had the perfect friendship with and that it will last forever, until they tell you something that you just can't forget, it will never leave your head and every time you see them the memories of that keep flooding back to you and even if you say that nothing in your friendship has changed, to you everything has.

For me I only have a few friends that I know would do anything to make me happy, who can always cheer me up even just by one simple text, these are the friends I know I am going to have for the rest of my life. One of those friends is I have known for about 14 or 15 years now. To be honest he is practically my brother, he knows more about me than anyone else could and probably ever will. Our friendship means the world to me and if you're reading this... I LOVE YOU!! :) <3 Before I forget to mention he is also a blogger so you guys should really go check his blog out.. (snazzy link to his blog and twitter HERE and HERE)

I have a few people who I consider to be my best friends but I can tell there is something missing from it but I doubt either of us would be able to pin point it. Obviously I would still do anything for these people as they mean so much to me in my life and are some of the most important people I have around me, but it just doesn't hide the fact that we probably will never be so close to each other that we could literally have nothing kept from each other at all.

As you go through life you will experience the horrible feeling of losing people you though were were your best friends, some will betray you beyond belief (Sorry to be putting a big damper on your Friday Morning but its the sad truth) and you feel as though you will never be able to trust them again, you will try to salvage the friendship but you'll find out that your the only on that actually wants to make it work and eventually you're going to have to stop trying, there's no point it only being you who wants to make things better and it's no longer worth your time. Although it's going to hurt saying good bye to one of your closest "friends", I know 'cause I've been through it one too many times, it'll be worth it because you'll soon discover who your true friends are..I'm not saying that you should go out right now and tell your friends you don't want to be friends with them anymore, all I'm saying is to be careful with who you trust and don't tell one person every single detail about your life until you're almost 100% sure they want to be a part of it. Though I did think the person I was telling everything to did truly want to be in my life I was obviously wrong, and that why I want you guys to be careful, nothing hurts worse than getting your heart broken by someone who you though was your best friend for almost 5 years, and its the kind of thing that can't easily be mended by an "I'm sorry". It will take a lot of time and strength to say :


"You know what.. I don't want you in my life anymore, you have caused me nothing but pain and heartache and I'm sick of feeling this way all the time because of you. You made me feel like absolute rubbish, like everything we had been through meant nothing to you, like I meant nothing to you. Now the tables have turned, you will never be a part of my life again, you can grovel and beg for me to be friends again or to meet up cause we haven't seen each other in ages but the truth is I'd been happy if I never had to see you again. You broke me and I'm never letting it happen again, not by you or by anyone else. So thanks for that at least you opened my eyes to show me what a nasty piece of work you really are. Have a nice life!"


Sorry that this post turned into such a big rant you guys,  I just feel very strongly about trusting people as you can probably tell by that last bit.
Friendship is one of the most important and most precious things in a persons life so please if you have amazing friends never let them go, cherish their friendship because ye are all truly lucky to have great friends and you all deserve them.

I want you guy to know that I'm always here for you if you very want to chat just comment below or tweet me @NiamhSecretLife andIi'll try my best to get back to you and help you out in any way I possibly can! :)

Cheerio! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments